If You Or Someone You know Has Blount's Disease, I Really Want To Hear From You! Please Email Me!

Now, there is a place to go... Now, we are no longer alone...

BenHasBlounts@gmail.com

Thursday, April 21, 2011

April Updates...

There is so much going on with BHB this month! I haven't blogged in a while; but I am working on a few things that I hope will give some insight and helpful information to everyone soon.

I did want to let you know the latest happenings with BHB becoming a non-profit, and all of the fundraising I have been trying to do...

Recently, I was interviewed by the Daily Sentinel, which is the local newspaper in my community. There is already a story online; and there will be another story next week, in the actual paper. A photographer came out to the house today to take pictures. Ben did great! Blew bubbles, and splashed us with the bottle! Then, of course, I turned the camera on him!




Ben & Dean Humphrey from the Daily Sentinel
The Basketball Raffle concluded yesterday. It didn't go as well as planned; but I am going to stay steadfast & keep having raffles! The next one is for gift certificates to a local salon; I think it will go over pretty well!

I am also working on an event that will be called "Bounce for Blounts" that will be held later this summer. I am working with a lot of local vendors, and some friends.... I am REALLY excited! I will keep everyone updated when I have all of the details!

Please know that I am working as hard as I can, to get BHB up & running! I am SO eager to start really helping the families who find me. We need treatment for our kids! Treatment that works, and doctors who know what they are doing, and how to treat Blounts Disease. It breaks my heart, when I hear that a family is unable to find the support of physicians because their child doesn't meet the "stereo-typical" standards that were brought forth years ago!! Blounts Disease affects kids of ALL races, ALL backgrounds, ALL body types...

I want to hear from you! Who is your child's Doctor? Are you satisfied with the level of care you are getting? Would you recommend the doctor to anyone else struggling with Blounts?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Little Girl's Braces are working, and that bothers me. I will express this next time we go though...

    ReplyDelete