If You Or Someone You know Has Blount's Disease, I Really Want To Hear From You! Please Email Me!

Now, there is a place to go... Now, we are no longer alone...

BenHasBlounts@gmail.com

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Going All The Way...

The feeling I've been having of wanting to do more for  those affected by Blounts Disease has not gone away. If anything, it is growing stronger by the day! Last week I talked with a wonderful woman at a small law firm in California. I'm pretty sure I am going to be using their services to turn BHB into a Non Profit.

Its very exciting, and very scary at the same time. It is a big commitment... But I really feel that it is an important step that I need to take to really try and make a difference.

First things first... I have to have a "board"... 2-3 people; who I can trust to take on some responsibility and help me run BHB. At this stage in the game, it would require a few hours a week; getting on forums, raising money, sharing ideas, etc... It would be helpful to have at least one person on the team with experience in accounting.

I also need to pay the lawyers. Right now I am trying to raise $500 to make the first payment to them. The cost will be around $2500 total. After considering it, I think this is well worth the money. They take care of all of the filing, everything legal; so that BHB can be up & running as quickly as possible! It's really important to me that it is done quickly... Blounts Disease can worsen so fast, and I want to get to these kids before surgery is their only option.

So... I NEED YOUR HELP! If you have ANY ideas on how to raise money, or if you need help promoting a fundraiser for BHB... Please let me know! OR if you are interested on being a board member... please email me at BenHasBlounts@gmail.com

Thank you all SO much for all of your support thus far.... It's only the beginning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment