If You Or Someone You know Has Blount's Disease, I Really Want To Hear From You! Please Email Me!

Now, there is a place to go... Now, we are no longer alone...

BenHasBlounts@gmail.com

Sunday, February 13, 2011

An Exciting Week...

This has been a wonderful week! I have stayed in close contact with the new family who found me. They have a daughter who is 17 months old who has just been diagnosed with Blount's Disease. We have been emailing all week long; sharing our stories and talking about our little ones. It is so refreshing to have someone who knows exactly how I feel; and who has all of the same fears I do.

Unfortunately, the family lives all the way in Australia! So I may never actually get to meet them. Also, the part of Australia that they live in, has been severely flooded; causing an extra financial burden on their household; including Mom, Dad, and four children.

I decided to see what I could do to offer support. Knowing the in's and out's of Blount's Disease, their daughter will no doubt need the use of a Thera Tog Brace. As with Ben; this is most likely the very first step in her treatment. After making a few calls to the Thera Tog team; and even to a WONDERFUL woman who runs 'MileStones Therapy' in Sydney Australia, I believe that we have secured a brand new Thera Tog for this family to have; free of charge.

I have been in the best mood all week knowing that I could be a part of something so great! Everyone I talked too was so amazing and helpful. Thank you Thera Tog! Thank you Erikka at MileStones Therapy! And a special thank you to Patrick Mahaffey at Thera Tog; he is the one who told me who to call to make this happen. I hope this is just the beginning; and that I can find a way to help more families. I am So thankful for the friendship I am building now with the family in Australia.

Ben gets his KAFO tomorrow!! I'll post again soon!

Here is the link to MileStones Therapy in Sydney Australia

http://www.milestonestherapy.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment