If You Or Someone You know Has Blount's Disease, I Really Want To Hear From You! Please Email Me!

Now, there is a place to go... Now, we are no longer alone...

BenHasBlounts@gmail.com

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sophie's Story...

The following was written by the family I have come in contact with in Australia... They are going through hard times right now; and really need support!


Meet Sophie...


“My name is Sophie and I’m nearly eighteen months old.  I live in Australia.  Recently the doctors told my Mum and Dad that I have Blount’s Disease.  Very few people in Australia have ever been diagnosed with this rare and complex condition and information is very limited.  Like Ben, I’ll have to undergo expensive and extensive treatment to help fix my legs so that I can grow up to be like most other kids.

Mum and Dad say that Kira (Ben’s Mum) has been really helpful and it’s given them someone to talk to about the condition and her experience’s with Ben so a very big thank you to Kira and her family.  Ben’s website has lots of information on the condition and it helps Mum and Dad know what to expect.  I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to have my own website set up so that we can also educate and help other parents of children with Blount’s.  I hope that you’ll be able to visit.  I’m also hoping that Ben’s and my website will be linked so you can read our stories.

If you can find it in your hearts to donate some money to our fund, please help.  Knowing that Mum and Dad will be able to give me the treatment I need will give them hope in what’s going to be a very difficult time for all.  I’m hoping that you’ll follow our stories.  Thank you for your support and kindness.  Sophie. "

This is Sophie's very own "Donate Button".... If you can give anything; it would be greatly appreciated! Sophie's family is going through a very hard time right now.













No comments:

Post a Comment