If You Or Someone You know Has Blount's Disease, I Really Want To Hear From You! Please Email Me!

Now, there is a place to go... Now, we are no longer alone...

BenHasBlounts@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Hope Fulfilled...

Today... I checked my email; which I have not done in a few days. There were TWO emails from parents whose children have Blount's Disease! As soon as I read the first email I started crying. I always knew I would make contact with another person struggling with Blount's. I just always expected that it would be an older person; someone who had Blount's as a child, or who had Adolescent onset Blount's. Both of the emails I received were from parents of children who have Infantile Blount's. I probably cried for the better part of an hour; and even now thinking of it I could cry some more! It means so much to me that there are parents out there who I can finally talk too... finally know about their journey... and finally be able to help someone at the beginning of their journey through Blounts. Thank you to everyone who viewed my blog and passed it on; and please continue! The day that there is a network for Blounts Disease is within reach!

On another note~

I got the call yesterday that Ben's KAFO brace is ready! We go in next Monday to fit it and make sure it's going to work. I will be sure and take pictures to share. That is one thing I am going to start doing a lot more of.... Taking pictures and videos. If you are a parent of a child with Blount's Disease, that is one thing I would urge you to do. Take videos of your child walking up and down a hall. It's hard to see the progress sometimes; and if you have a video to look back on, it is so much easier to stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment