If You Or Someone You know Has Blount's Disease, I Really Want To Hear From You! Please Email Me!

Now, there is a place to go... Now, we are no longer alone...

BenHasBlounts@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Something New to Share & A Little Update...

In the past month I have come into contact with four families affected by Blount's Disease. You have already read Sophie and Tacarra's stories. There is also another baby who is under a year old; so he can't actually be "diagnosed" with Blount's yet... I also came in contact with a mom whose son HAD Blount's Disease; but is now Blount's free!

She did a good job taking pictures and videos to document her son's journey. I am thankful that she is so open to sharing her experience. A few days ago, she sent me this picture to share with all of you ...



I thought this was pretty impressive! And inspiring! I'm not a doctor, but it looks like this little boy was a 'Langenskiold' stage 2-3; right about where Ben is now. Looks like they got great results with the brace. Like Ben, they only had the brace on the left side. I know this mom worked very hard to get results this quickly. Thank you for letting me share this!

Tomorrow Ben has an appointment with his Physical Therapist. The Orthotist will also be there so we can figure out how to use the Thera Tog with the KAFO. Should be exciting! Ben wore his KAFO for 8 hours today! We have been slowly building up to wearing it full time. So far, he doesn't have any sores or blisters; I'm hoping that won't happen, but I know it probably will. The KAFO isn't slowing him down at all! He is still running, jumping and climbing stairs... AMAZING!! I will update soon with pictures after our next appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment